Certified Nurses Assistant – Athens
BridgeWay Hospice provides compassionate and palliative care to our patients as well as supporting the spiritual and emotional needs of the entire family. We are seeking a:
Certified Nurses Assitant (CNA) for our Athens office.
The hospice aide provides personal care, supportive services, education, and light household duties. The aide will communicate changes to the RN Case Manager and complete documentation to reflect assigned duties set by the RN Case Manager. The Hospice Aide will utilize the IDT team to assist in this process.
1. Supports agency and corporate policies, goals, and objectives.
- Promotes a positive working relationship within agency.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, as requested.
- Promotes hospice philosophy.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to supervisor.
2. Assists with personal care including:
- Tub, shower, whirlpool or bed bath
- Hair shampoo
- Nail and skin care
- Oral hygiene
- Toileting and elimination
- Safe transfer technique and ambulation
- Range of motion
- Dressing changes as directed on POC
- Takes vital signs as directed by RN case manager
- Assists with family needs at time of death
3. Complies with competency and educational requirements.
- Maintains current competency checklist.
- Meets educational requirements at 12 one-hour in-services annually.
4. Performs light housework.
- Cleans area around patient, bathroom, kitchen, or other light housekeeping chores.
- Maintains a safe environment.
- Delivers meds and supplies.
5. Other duties as performed or assigned.
- High school or equivalent education
- At least 1 year experience in hospice or home health
- Current CNA licensure in state of Georgia.
- Knowledge and acceptance of hospice philosophy.
- Must be of high integrity including maintenance of confidential information including all patient records.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends, for shift differential.
- Has a valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance and dependable vehicle for work in the service area.
Bridgeway Hospice provides services without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability (mental or physical), communicable disease or place of national origin.
To be considered, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CNA – Athens” in the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.