BridgeWay Hospice provides compassionate and palliative care to our patients as well as supporting the spiritual and emotional needs of the entire family. We are seeking a:
Hospice Admission Liaison RN for our Stockbridge office.
The goals of the hospice admission liaison nurse are to identify clients who meet program criteria and will benefit from program services and to facilitate effective care transitions to the hospice setting for these clients.
The process typically involves the following steps:
- Early identification of candidates/potential clients.
- Education of clients, family members, referral sources, and external payers regarding the effective and efficient utilization of program services and available resources.
- Screening of clients through on site and/or telephonic assessment and record review in collaboration with physicians, nurses, therapists, social workers, case managers and other interdisciplinary team members involved in the client’s care. Family members or significant others may also be interviewed to obtain accurate information as to pre-morbid functional status, personal interests, cultural considerations, and discharge plans affecting the admission.
- Determination of medical stability, readiness for program participation, and ensuring that services recommended are appropriate, reasonable and necessary. This is done in collaboration with the physical medicine and physician or other licensed treating physician with specialized training and experience in hospice.
- Facilitation of benefit eligibility and precertification by payers prior to the admission.
- Coordination of a smooth transition from the referring facility or site to the hospice setting.
- Recommending appropriate level of care and services for clients who are denied admission and providing guidance for clients who may benefit from admission in the future.
The roles of the hospice admissions liaison nurse include, but are not limited to:
- Performs on-site and/or record review, including telephone preadmission screening and clinical assessment
- Completes all required preadmission screening documentation to determine that services are appropriate, reasonable and necessary
- Provides recommendations for appropriate level of care
- Educates clients, family members or significant others, referral sources, interdisciplinary team members, external payers, and external case managers about benefits and services.
- Serves as the liaison case manager with the internal and external case managers to provide an appropriate and cost-effective plan for each client
- Demonstrates effective communication between internal and external customers at all times
- Maintains high ethical standards
- Serves as a nurse consultant, with attention to the client’s potential, therapy and functional progress, discharge plan and feasibility, special equipment needs, services across the continuum of care, and care transitions
- Develops relationships with referral sources
- Assumes accountability for outreach activities, including data management and outcomes analysis
- Develops rapport with clients and their family members or significant others
- Provides information necessary to facilitate referrals and subsequent admissions
- Serves as a contact person for the team, internal admissions team, clients, and external sources to enhance outcomes
- Licensure as a registered nurse, preferably with a bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited school
- A minimum of 2 years of clinical experience; experience in hospice
- Demonstrated expertise in analysis, decision making, time management, oral and written communication, and computer use
- Excellent assessment skills and knowledge of insurance and managed care principles and practices
To be considered, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Admissions Liaison RN – Stockbridge” in the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.